Black is… black ain’t…
Black is beautiful, just so we are motherfucking CLEAR. Black ain’t “less desirable than other races”,
“inherently less attractive than other races”
So… we are in the throes of yet ANOTHER online storm about black folks. Black women’s looks, black women’s bodies, black fathers and the old ass trope of omfg black folks are on the internet too!?! How about that has been dragged out and beaten again for what its worth. (A hint – Not much). I tried to be eloquent and wordsmithy, but you know what? Fuck it, I’m sick of being polite about people telling me how I should feel about how I look.
So many people have waxed eloquently on this topic that I’ll give you links and such… but for what my 0.02 is worth; I’m so fucking sick of being told that I’m not beautiful or attractive or worthy of love and affection because I’m “strong” or career focused or “the strength of the family.”. I’m really fucking sick of the idea that everyone gets a say in how I feel about myself as a black woman. I’m tired of everyone getting to hold up the brown paper bag to check my blackness, and worthiness of having a say in racial debates because I’m fair skinned and obviously “not really black.”
I’m tired of pseudo scientists speculating on the attractiveness of myself and the bounty of black women everywhere. Who the fuck decided that this guys opinion was worth anything to begin with? I don’t even know what an evolutionary psychologist is, do you? Someone explain what that means and then you’d better have a really, really good reason as to why some “evolutionary psychologist” gets a say on black bodies and beauty. I’ll be here, so when you get a clue, come holler at me. Until then, all these faux pop psychologists and arm chair thinkers can shut the fuck up about our bodies, our beauty and everything else in-between.
I leave you with some great articles and a repost of a lovely image snagged from the Angry Black Tumblr.
Angry Black Tumblr: The Article is now gone, but more thoughts
What you all have had to say
- RT @Lynne_M_Meyer: I'm on a bus! @cypheroftyr and I are on our way back to Chicago after a great #interfaithchallenge conference! http://t.… 7 minutes ago
- RT @telltalegames: Hey #GDC visitors, welcome to SF! Come visit @telltalegames at our writing panel on Tuesday! schedule.gdconf.com/session/when-s… http… 11 minutes ago
- RT @ShesAPretty_One: Women are considered fragile but I’ve never seen anything as easily wounded as a man’s ego... 12 minutes ago
- RT @PoloT_TreyG: There are more people in this country that believe in ghosts than there are people that believe racism still exists. 13 minutes ago
- I miss everyone, how's your weekend going? Folks flying out to GDC be careful, nasty snow storms in Midwest 13 minutes ago
- Gorgeous pic taken by Ikenberry SDRP before we got our day started. Now enroute home. <3 http://t.co/VdKlVukwib 14 minutes ago
- RT @WilliamShatner: “@RobertoLM: when did both of you realise your characters are so important in the life of so many people? #LeonardNimoy… 39 minutes ago
- RT @USATODAYcollege: WATCH: Asian-American students share their struggles in #MyBananaStory - usat.ly/1LSr2hO http://t.co/6krkD3PKA0 40 minutes ago
- RT @OIIR_Illinois: Scenes from the first day of the Illinois Interfaith Conference 2015 http://t.co/kcyyipF5kW 41 minutes ago
- Omg autocorrect, you fucked up so far, so good? O_o 55 minutes ago
- So ...on Coming Out Day
- On "Save the Pearls"
- Signal Boost - Genreville: Authors Say Agents Try to “Straighten” Gay Characters in YA
- Pass this on....
- Because Progress Is Not A Spectator Sport
- Signal Boost: Return of the DDoS
- Savage Reality - Repost from neo_prodigy
- Dan Savage can perish in a large conflagration asap
Seek and you might find:
What I’ve said
My Friend Flickr
- 67,189 hits