I have a dream… and this year it’s coming true
I usually give a nod to Dr. King for all of his achievements and place in history… but this year is special to me. Special for the fact that tomorrow instead of another Dream Deferred, we get to see a Dream Realized by so many people.
I wrote before on waking up after election day to realize that yes, we did and it wasn’t a mere dream. I repeat this sentiment today as I see the excitement mounting in DC, hear from friends who are there to bear witness to history in the making.
I’m sure that pundits all over are readying speeches, remarks and such linking today’s holiday and the history en route tomorrow as President Elect Obama becomes President Obama. I’m sure other folks more skilled with a digital pen and wordsmithing will wax rhapsodic on 20 January 2009 for ages to come but for me, I’m pleased to see the dream realized; to see a man rise from the roots of his community to the top most branch of the government he has served for so long.
I salute you Dr. King for all you have done, for laying down the foundation for President Obama to step up tomorrow and start fulfilling the promises laid on the campaign trail, to the people and to his daughters and other children of this nation that will live with the legacy of his presidency be it great or failure.
President Obama, once you have sworn the oath and stepped into the oval office… I charge you to remember and honor those of us who helped you get there. Those of us who called, campaigned, helped you hurdle over road blocks to get to the new address you’re taking up tomorrow.
We the people see you, and are waiting to see what you can do for this great country and we hope that you can continue to keep the dream and hope alive while reminding us that Yes, we can every day you are in office.
Cheers Mr. President, now get to work!
What you all have had to say
- I'm in Windows update hell, send help. 19 minutes ago
- RT @yeloson: "Stop taking White people's superheroes" but we can't even be normal, background extras in shows set in NY or LA... 19 minutes ago
- RT @LightspeedMag: Queers Destroy Fantasy/Horror submissions periods announcements! Also: LIGHTSPEED will be open Jun 1 - Jul 15: https://t… 20 minutes ago
- RT @GameEnthus: Good movies, bad movies, diversity in gaming and The Order of things gameenthus.com/gameenthus-pod… @cypheroftyr @tiny415 @AssaultS… 1 hour ago
- RT @gamebits: GDC is this week! Be sure to attend @fcherbak's #TurningTheTidePanel on hiring & retaining women polygamer.net/2015/02/25/pg1… #equa… 3 hours ago
- RT @gamebits: The @londonsymphony & @vgmconcerts released an orchestral album of Final Fantasy music! spielemusikkonzerte.de/en/shop/ http://t.co/g… 3 hours ago
- So I tried to find @CookieDoughCaf1 at my local Mariano's and came away empty handed. Where can I find it? Baking, desserts? 3 hours ago
- The Toxicity Of Talent (Or: Did You Roll A Natural 20 At Birth?): terribleminds.com/ramble/2015/03… 3 hours ago
- RT @SpawnOnMe: Our episode with .@EvNarc is our show’s most popular to date. We have frank discussions abt blackness, race & games. https:/… 3 hours ago
- RT @grollman: Challenging Gender Identity: Biologists Say Gender Expands Across A Spectrum, Rather Than Simply Boy And Girl http://t.co/FWu… 3 hours ago
- So ...on Coming Out Day
- On "Save the Pearls"
- Signal Boost - Genreville: Authors Say Agents Try to “Straighten” Gay Characters in YA
- Pass this on....
- Because Progress Is Not A Spectator Sport
- Signal Boost: Return of the DDoS
- Savage Reality - Repost from neo_prodigy
- Dan Savage can perish in a large conflagration asap
Seek and you might find:
What I’ve said
My Friend Flickr
- 67,192 hits