Black is… black ain’t…
Black is beautiful, just so we are motherfucking CLEAR. Black ain’t “less desirable than other races”,
“inherently less attractive than other races”
So… we are in the throes of yet ANOTHER online storm about black folks. Black women’s looks, black women’s bodies, black fathers and the old ass trope of omfg black folks are on the internet too!?! How about that has been dragged out and beaten again for what its worth. (A hint – Not much). I tried to be eloquent and wordsmithy, but you know what? Fuck it, I’m sick of being polite about people telling me how I should feel about how I look.
So many people have waxed eloquently on this topic that I’ll give you links and such… but for what my 0.02 is worth; I’m so fucking sick of being told that I’m not beautiful or attractive or worthy of love and affection because I’m “strong” or career focused or “the strength of the family.”. I’m really fucking sick of the idea that everyone gets a say in how I feel about myself as a black woman. I’m tired of everyone getting to hold up the brown paper bag to check my blackness, and worthiness of having a say in racial debates because I’m fair skinned and obviously “not really black.”
I’m tired of pseudo scientists speculating on the attractiveness of myself and the bounty of black women everywhere. Who the fuck decided that this guys opinion was worth anything to begin with? I don’t even know what an evolutionary psychologist is, do you? Someone explain what that means and then you’d better have a really, really good reason as to why some “evolutionary psychologist” gets a say on black bodies and beauty. I’ll be here, so when you get a clue, come holler at me. Until then, all these faux pop psychologists and arm chair thinkers can shut the fuck up about our bodies, our beauty and everything else in-between.
I leave you with some great articles and a repost of a lovely image snagged from the Angry Black Tumblr.
Angry Black Tumblr: The Article is now gone, but more thoughts
What you all have had to say
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry polygon.com/2014/7/22/5926… via @Polygon 1 day ago
- Photo: swiftwidget: marvelousspoiler: fighting4fantasy: Barnes & Noble. Their best selling books tend to... tmblr.co/ZIIyTy1MK18wp 1 day ago
- RT @antarcticlust: Email to me from MacMillan Legal: "There is no agreement between Mr. Frenkel and Tor that would prevent him from making … 1 day ago
- I think today is going to be of the I got out of bed, made it to work and back, thus victory kind of days. tmblr.co/ZIIyTy1M4sT7c 3 days ago
- Photoset: Caturday! tmblr.co/ZIIyTy1LxlDYX 5 days ago
- XKit button gone? - xkit-extension: I’ve been getting reports of the XKit button missing on both Firefox... tmblr.co/ZIIyTy1LlcTr4 1 week ago
- Any and all random follows that seem to be fitspo/thinspo accounts will be blocked as this account is annoying. #gtfo 1 week ago
- RT @manveerheir: Dear Press, stop saying Mass Effect 4. No one at BioWare has ever said the title is Mass Effect 4. "Next Mass Effect" unti… 1 week ago
- RT @manveerheir: There are good articles about the problematic nature of Max Temkin's response to rape accusations. This is one http://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @manveerheir: First openly gay NFL player RT @richarddeitsch: Here's Michael Sam's speech at the ESPYs. Worth your time: http://t.co/tFB… 1 week ago
- So ...on Coming Out Day
- On "Save the Pearls"
- Signal Boost - Genreville: Authors Say Agents Try to “Straighten” Gay Characters in YA
- Pass this on....
- Because Progress Is Not A Spectator Sport
- Signal Boost: Return of the DDoS
- Savage Reality - Repost from neo_prodigy
- Dan Savage can perish in a large conflagration asap
Seek and you might find:
What I’ve said
My Friend Flickr
- 66,205 hits