Black is… black ain’t…
Black is beautiful, just so we are motherfucking CLEAR. Black ain’t “less desirable than other races”,
“inherently less attractive than other races”
So… we are in the throes of yet ANOTHER online storm about black folks. Black women’s looks, black women’s bodies, black fathers and the old ass trope of omfg black folks are on the internet too!?! How about that has been dragged out and beaten again for what its worth. (A hint – Not much). I tried to be eloquent and wordsmithy, but you know what? Fuck it, I’m sick of being polite about people telling me how I should feel about how I look.
So many people have waxed eloquently on this topic that I’ll give you links and such… but for what my 0.02 is worth; I’m so fucking sick of being told that I’m not beautiful or attractive or worthy of love and affection because I’m “strong” or career focused or “the strength of the family.”. I’m really fucking sick of the idea that everyone gets a say in how I feel about myself as a black woman. I’m tired of everyone getting to hold up the brown paper bag to check my blackness, and worthiness of having a say in racial debates because I’m fair skinned and obviously “not really black.”
I’m tired of pseudo scientists speculating on the attractiveness of myself and the bounty of black women everywhere. Who the fuck decided that this guys opinion was worth anything to begin with? I don’t even know what an evolutionary psychologist is, do you? Someone explain what that means and then you’d better have a really, really good reason as to why some “evolutionary psychologist” gets a say on black bodies and beauty. I’ll be here, so when you get a clue, come holler at me. Until then, all these faux pop psychologists and arm chair thinkers can shut the fuck up about our bodies, our beauty and everything else in-between.
I leave you with some great articles and a repost of a lovely image snagged from the Angry Black Tumblr.
Angry Black Tumblr: The Article is now gone, but more thoughts
What you all have had to say
- RT @boymonster: Calling GG a consumer revolt is like saying the McRib is an authentic BBQ sandwich. 22 hours ago
- RT @Iron_Spike: Female PC gamers outnumber male ones, and attributing that to the rise of casual gaming "is empirically false." http://t.co… 22 hours ago
- RT @MaxOfS2D: Accomplishments of #gamergate http://t.co/SLQhxbdGCK 22 hours ago
- RT @gildedspine: Friendly reminder that, as pointed out last night, the street harassment video was carefully edited to remove white men. 22 hours ago
- RT @Aut_Omnia: A white guy takes the oppression of women and uses it as a tool to further the oppression of people of colour. #NYCcatcallvi… 22 hours ago
- RT @DragonAgeKeep: Dragon Age Keep open beta has officially begun! Log in at dragonagekeep.com and enjoy! 22 hours ago
- Hey @DragonAgeKeep, here's that newbie FAQ post I mentioned on the forums: bit.ly/1nPuoMy Happy Open Beta Day! 2 days ago
- RT @iJesseWilliams: "Wait for the facts" while simultaneously manipulating completely unsubstantiated gossip engineered specifically to jus… 2 days ago
- RT @iJesseWilliams: If an entire police dept doesn't trust the [legal] system they are sworn to support. How can those under it's boot & gu… 2 days ago
- RT @iJesseWilliams: Very rarely are there over 6 eyewitnesses to a murder. That alone, never mind the immutable facts, warrants a trial. #W… 2 days ago
- So ...on Coming Out Day
- On "Save the Pearls"
- Signal Boost - Genreville: Authors Say Agents Try to “Straighten” Gay Characters in YA
- Pass this on....
- Because Progress Is Not A Spectator Sport
- Signal Boost: Return of the DDoS
- Savage Reality - Repost from neo_prodigy
- Dan Savage can perish in a large conflagration asap
Seek and you might find:
What I’ve said
My Friend Flickr
- 66,716 hits