Black is… black ain’t…
Black is beautiful, just so we are motherfucking CLEAR. Black ain’t “less desirable than other races”,
“inherently less attractive than other races”
So… we are in the throes of yet ANOTHER online storm about black folks. Black women’s looks, black women’s bodies, black fathers and the old ass trope of omfg black folks are on the internet too!?! How about that has been dragged out and beaten again for what its worth. (A hint – Not much). I tried to be eloquent and wordsmithy, but you know what? Fuck it, I’m sick of being polite about people telling me how I should feel about how I look.
So many people have waxed eloquently on this topic that I’ll give you links and such… but for what my 0.02 is worth; I’m so fucking sick of being told that I’m not beautiful or attractive or worthy of love and affection because I’m “strong” or career focused or “the strength of the family.”. I’m really fucking sick of the idea that everyone gets a say in how I feel about myself as a black woman. I’m tired of everyone getting to hold up the brown paper bag to check my blackness, and worthiness of having a say in racial debates because I’m fair skinned and obviously “not really black.”
I’m tired of pseudo scientists speculating on the attractiveness of myself and the bounty of black women everywhere. Who the fuck decided that this guys opinion was worth anything to begin with? I don’t even know what an evolutionary psychologist is, do you? Someone explain what that means and then you’d better have a really, really good reason as to why some “evolutionary psychologist” gets a say on black bodies and beauty. I’ll be here, so when you get a clue, come holler at me. Until then, all these faux pop psychologists and arm chair thinkers can shut the fuck up about our bodies, our beauty and everything else in-between.
I leave you with some great articles and a repost of a lovely image snagged from the Angry Black Tumblr.
Angry Black Tumblr: The Article is now gone, but more thoughts
What you all have had to say
- RT @INeedDivGms: Since I found out some people didn't know where this started. Especially GG'rs. Colour me shocked at this news. http://t.c… 2 hours ago
- You can undo a retweet, who knew! 2 hours ago
- #HappyFriday ~ Getting compliments on my blue tipped locs as I go about my day. Tis truly a good day. 2 hours ago
- So I did more things related to #INeedDiverseGames - And, well I’m both excited and kind of terrified. More... tmblr.co/ZIIyTy1Tvzhax 3 hours ago
- Why is it not Nov 18th? I just want #DragonAgeInquisition in my hands already @dragonage #gamerproblems 5 hours ago
- RT @joshbnoel: Worth a read before voting for governor. RT @Mmckinne17: Incredibly proud of my old man this afternoon: http://t.co/7C1ThSwx… 6 hours ago
- RT @dannyodwyer: Hey friends. Here's an important message from GameSpot regarding recent events in our industry: gamespot.com/articles/an-im… 13 hours ago
- RT @Quinnae_Moon: Day's post was sad but also, ultimately, optimistic about gaming and gamers. She was still hit with GG's worst. Our tone … 13 hours ago
- RT @sparklebliss: RT @IITEngineering: Check out the Mach 2 Centrifugal #Pumpkin Launcher built by Illinois Tech Robotics. http://t.co/4FaO3… 13 hours ago
- RT @mechapoetic: "academics" are ruining games as if the first people to ever experiment with computer games weren't academics at MIT 14 hours ago
- So ...on Coming Out Day
- On "Save the Pearls"
- Signal Boost - Genreville: Authors Say Agents Try to “Straighten” Gay Characters in YA
- Pass this on....
- Because Progress Is Not A Spectator Sport
- Signal Boost: Return of the DDoS
- Savage Reality - Repost from neo_prodigy
- Dan Savage can perish in a large conflagration asap
Seek and you might find:
What I’ve said
My Friend Flickr
- 66,696 hits