I have a dream… and this year it’s coming true
I usually give a nod to Dr. King for all of his achievements and place in history… but this year is special to me. Special for the fact that tomorrow instead of another Dream Deferred, we get to see a Dream Realized by so many people.
I wrote before on waking up after election day to realize that yes, we did and it wasn’t a mere dream. I repeat this sentiment today as I see the excitement mounting in DC, hear from friends who are there to bear witness to history in the making.
I’m sure that pundits all over are readying speeches, remarks and such linking today’s holiday and the history en route tomorrow as President Elect Obama becomes President Obama. I’m sure other folks more skilled with a digital pen and wordsmithing will wax rhapsodic on 20 January 2009 for ages to come but for me, I’m pleased to see the dream realized; to see a man rise from the roots of his community to the top most branch of the government he has served for so long.
I salute you Dr. King for all you have done, for laying down the foundation for President Obama to step up tomorrow and start fulfilling the promises laid on the campaign trail, to the people and to his daughters and other children of this nation that will live with the legacy of his presidency be it great or failure.
President Obama, once you have sworn the oath and stepped into the oval office… I charge you to remember and honor those of us who helped you get there. Those of us who called, campaigned, helped you hurdle over road blocks to get to the new address you’re taking up tomorrow.
We the people see you, and are waiting to see what you can do for this great country and we hope that you can continue to keep the dream and hope alive while reminding us that Yes, we can every day you are in office.
Cheers Mr. President, now get to work!
What you all have had to say
- RT @boymonster: Calling GG a consumer revolt is like saying the McRib is an authentic BBQ sandwich. 14 hours ago
- RT @Iron_Spike: Female PC gamers outnumber male ones, and attributing that to the rise of casual gaming "is empirically false." http://t.co… 14 hours ago
- RT @MaxOfS2D: Accomplishments of #gamergate http://t.co/SLQhxbdGCK 14 hours ago
- RT @gildedspine: Friendly reminder that, as pointed out last night, the street harassment video was carefully edited to remove white men. 14 hours ago
- RT @Aut_Omnia: A white guy takes the oppression of women and uses it as a tool to further the oppression of people of colour. #NYCcatcallvi… 14 hours ago
- RT @DragonAgeKeep: Dragon Age Keep open beta has officially begun! Log in at dragonagekeep.com and enjoy! 14 hours ago
- Hey @DragonAgeKeep, here's that newbie FAQ post I mentioned on the forums: bit.ly/1nPuoMy Happy Open Beta Day! 1 day ago
- RT @iJesseWilliams: "Wait for the facts" while simultaneously manipulating completely unsubstantiated gossip engineered specifically to jus… 2 days ago
- RT @iJesseWilliams: If an entire police dept doesn't trust the [legal] system they are sworn to support. How can those under it's boot & gu… 2 days ago
- RT @iJesseWilliams: Very rarely are there over 6 eyewitnesses to a murder. That alone, never mind the immutable facts, warrants a trial. #W… 2 days ago
- So ...on Coming Out Day
- On "Save the Pearls"
- Signal Boost - Genreville: Authors Say Agents Try to “Straighten” Gay Characters in YA
- Pass this on....
- Because Progress Is Not A Spectator Sport
- Signal Boost: Return of the DDoS
- Savage Reality - Repost from neo_prodigy
- Dan Savage can perish in a large conflagration asap
Seek and you might find:
What I’ve said
My Friend Flickr
- 66,716 hits