I have a dream… and this year it’s coming true
I usually give a nod to Dr. King for all of his achievements and place in history… but this year is special to me. Special for the fact that tomorrow instead of another Dream Deferred, we get to see a Dream Realized by so many people.
I wrote before on waking up after election day to realize that yes, we did and it wasn’t a mere dream. I repeat this sentiment today as I see the excitement mounting in DC, hear from friends who are there to bear witness to history in the making.
I’m sure that pundits all over are readying speeches, remarks and such linking today’s holiday and the history en route tomorrow as President Elect Obama becomes President Obama. I’m sure other folks more skilled with a digital pen and wordsmithing will wax rhapsodic on 20 January 2009 for ages to come but for me, I’m pleased to see the dream realized; to see a man rise from the roots of his community to the top most branch of the government he has served for so long.
I salute you Dr. King for all you have done, for laying down the foundation for President Obama to step up tomorrow and start fulfilling the promises laid on the campaign trail, to the people and to his daughters and other children of this nation that will live with the legacy of his presidency be it great or failure.
President Obama, once you have sworn the oath and stepped into the oval office… I charge you to remember and honor those of us who helped you get there. Those of us who called, campaigned, helped you hurdle over road blocks to get to the new address you’re taking up tomorrow.
We the people see you, and are waiting to see what you can do for this great country and we hope that you can continue to keep the dream and hope alive while reminding us that Yes, we can every day you are in office.
Cheers Mr. President, now get to work!
What you all have had to say
- RT @elloecho: Hey everyone! Our Indiegogo campaign is now up and running! #SupportWNDB igg.me/at/diversebooks #WeNeedDiverseBooks 1 hour ago
- Best one I've seen... No Sephiroth, noooooo imgur.com/KSpYGnN via @imgur 4 hours ago
- RT @jimchines: New Post: GamerGate and Ethics in Journalism bit.ly/1tshi8x 4 hours ago
- RT @GeekMelange: That's it. My brain's officially broken. Check, please, and good night. *HEADDESK* twitter.com/ChrisWarcraft/… 8 hours ago
- RT @saladinahmed: Do these dipshits get this viciously riled up about other products? Like "I BET THIS GIRL DOESN'T EVEN DRINK COLA! FUCKI… 8 hours ago
- RT @WickedGood: Felicia Day says GamerGate isn't nice and gets doxxed instantly. Chris Kluwe calls them every name in the book, NBD. Not ab… 8 hours ago
- RT @nkjemisin: What Lies Beyond Gamergate? The New Games. tiedtiger.com/post/100118529… Great article. 8 hours ago
- RT @nkjemisin: Rape and death threats are terrorizing female gamers. Why haven't men in tech spoken out? wapo.st/1DsAhmI 8 hours ago
- RT @DiverseIssues: .@NBJContheMove @SharonLettman weighs in: #HBCUs Not Rushing to Embrace #LGBTQA Staff/Students diverseeducation.com/article/67552/ by… 8 hours ago
- RT @IndasCorner: NNN Episode 174: #INeedDiverseGames Interview with @Cypheroftyr - nerdgasmnoire: New blog post by Nerdgasm... http://t.co/… 9 hours ago
- So ...on Coming Out Day
- On "Save the Pearls"
- Signal Boost - Genreville: Authors Say Agents Try to “Straighten” Gay Characters in YA
- Pass this on....
- Because Progress Is Not A Spectator Sport
- Signal Boost: Return of the DDoS
- Savage Reality - Repost from neo_prodigy
- Dan Savage can perish in a large conflagration asap
Seek and you might find:
What I’ve said
My Friend Flickr
- 66,696 hits