I have a dream… and this year it’s coming true
I usually give a nod to Dr. King for all of his achievements and place in history… but this year is special to me. Special for the fact that tomorrow instead of another Dream Deferred, we get to see a Dream Realized by so many people.
I wrote before on waking up after election day to realize that yes, we did and it wasn’t a mere dream. I repeat this sentiment today as I see the excitement mounting in DC, hear from friends who are there to bear witness to history in the making.
I’m sure that pundits all over are readying speeches, remarks and such linking today’s holiday and the history en route tomorrow as President Elect Obama becomes President Obama. I’m sure other folks more skilled with a digital pen and wordsmithing will wax rhapsodic on 20 January 2009 for ages to come but for me, I’m pleased to see the dream realized; to see a man rise from the roots of his community to the top most branch of the government he has served for so long.
I salute you Dr. King for all you have done, for laying down the foundation for President Obama to step up tomorrow and start fulfilling the promises laid on the campaign trail, to the people and to his daughters and other children of this nation that will live with the legacy of his presidency be it great or failure.
President Obama, once you have sworn the oath and stepped into the oval office… I charge you to remember and honor those of us who helped you get there. Those of us who called, campaigned, helped you hurdle over road blocks to get to the new address you’re taking up tomorrow.
We the people see you, and are waiting to see what you can do for this great country and we hope that you can continue to keep the dream and hope alive while reminding us that Yes, we can every day you are in office.
Cheers Mr. President, now get to work!
What you all have had to say
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry polygon.com/2014/7/22/5926… via @Polygon 18 hours ago
- Photo: swiftwidget: marvelousspoiler: fighting4fantasy: Barnes & Noble. Their best selling books tend to... tmblr.co/ZIIyTy1MK18wp 20 hours ago
- RT @antarcticlust: Email to me from MacMillan Legal: "There is no agreement between Mr. Frenkel and Tor that would prevent him from making … 21 hours ago
- I think today is going to be of the I got out of bed, made it to work and back, thus victory kind of days. tmblr.co/ZIIyTy1M4sT7c 3 days ago
- Photoset: Caturday! tmblr.co/ZIIyTy1LxlDYX 4 days ago
- XKit button gone? - xkit-extension: I’ve been getting reports of the XKit button missing on both Firefox... tmblr.co/ZIIyTy1LlcTr4 1 week ago
- Any and all random follows that seem to be fitspo/thinspo accounts will be blocked as this account is annoying. #gtfo 1 week ago
- RT @manveerheir: Dear Press, stop saying Mass Effect 4. No one at BioWare has ever said the title is Mass Effect 4. "Next Mass Effect" unti… 1 week ago
- RT @manveerheir: There are good articles about the problematic nature of Max Temkin's response to rape accusations. This is one http://t.co… 1 week ago
- RT @manveerheir: First openly gay NFL player RT @richarddeitsch: Here's Michael Sam's speech at the ESPYs. Worth your time: http://t.co/tFB… 1 week ago
- So ...on Coming Out Day
- On "Save the Pearls"
- Signal Boost - Genreville: Authors Say Agents Try to “Straighten” Gay Characters in YA
- Pass this on....
- Because Progress Is Not A Spectator Sport
- Signal Boost: Return of the DDoS
- Savage Reality - Repost from neo_prodigy
- Dan Savage can perish in a large conflagration asap
Seek and you might find:
What I’ve said
My Friend Flickr
- 66,201 hits