I have a dream… and this year it’s coming true
I usually give a nod to Dr. King for all of his achievements and place in history… but this year is special to me. Special for the fact that tomorrow instead of another Dream Deferred, we get to see a Dream Realized by so many people.
I wrote before on waking up after election day to realize that yes, we did and it wasn’t a mere dream. I repeat this sentiment today as I see the excitement mounting in DC, hear from friends who are there to bear witness to history in the making.
I’m sure that pundits all over are readying speeches, remarks and such linking today’s holiday and the history en route tomorrow as President Elect Obama becomes President Obama. I’m sure other folks more skilled with a digital pen and wordsmithing will wax rhapsodic on 20 January 2009 for ages to come but for me, I’m pleased to see the dream realized; to see a man rise from the roots of his community to the top most branch of the government he has served for so long.
I salute you Dr. King for all you have done, for laying down the foundation for President Obama to step up tomorrow and start fulfilling the promises laid on the campaign trail, to the people and to his daughters and other children of this nation that will live with the legacy of his presidency be it great or failure.
President Obama, once you have sworn the oath and stepped into the oval office… I charge you to remember and honor those of us who helped you get there. Those of us who called, campaigned, helped you hurdle over road blocks to get to the new address you’re taking up tomorrow.
We the people see you, and are waiting to see what you can do for this great country and we hope that you can continue to keep the dream and hope alive while reminding us that Yes, we can every day you are in office.
Cheers Mr. President, now get to work!
What you all have had to say
- RT @petercoffin: I don't care how nice you are. I don't care of you like what I like. ZERO TOLERANCE FOR DEFENDING BIGOTRY & DECEPTION. 7 hours ago
- RT @DragonReine: Ahahhaha, someone gained mod privileges to r/gamergate, and well... reddit.com/r/gamergate/ #StopGamerGate2014 Click everyt… 7 hours ago
- White menaces to society: Keene State and the danger of young drunk white men salon.com/2014/10/22/whi… via @Salon 10 hours ago
- RT @Veeren_Jubbal: Video games are not apolitical. 10 hours ago
- RT @ChrisWarcraft: Considering the stated reasons for outrage was "Gamers are dead" articles, and "ethics in gaming journalism", which, yea… 11 hours ago
- I'm already seeing xmas decorations in stores. WTF, Halloween hasn't passed yet, calm down. 14 hours ago
- RT @NerdgasmNoire: Discussing #INeedDiverseGames with Mod @cypheroftyr on #Nerdgasmnoire Listen Now at nerdgasmnoire.net/live 1 day ago
- RT @StevenCrampton: People being mean to @Veeren_Jubbal? That's like wanting to kick a rainbow. Or being angry at a waterfall. So much misp… 1 day ago
- RT @Veeren_Jubbal: If you're a heterosexual white male, & don't see the numerous issues/problems of being the default in every medium--list… 1 day ago
- RT @INeedDivGms: GG is trying to say #INeedDiverseGames is a dead hashtag. Let's prove them wrong! 1 day ago
- So ...on Coming Out Day
- On "Save the Pearls"
- Signal Boost - Genreville: Authors Say Agents Try to “Straighten” Gay Characters in YA
- Pass this on....
- Because Progress Is Not A Spectator Sport
- Signal Boost: Return of the DDoS
- Savage Reality - Repost from neo_prodigy
- Dan Savage can perish in a large conflagration asap
Seek and you might find:
What I’ve said
My Friend Flickr
- 66,689 hits